The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses initiative is a national effort to unlock the growth and job-creation potential of 10,000 small businesses across the United States through greater access to business education, mentors and networks, and financial capital. It is based on the broadly held view of leading experts that a combination of education, capital and support services best addresses the barriers to growth for small businesses.
HOPE is the lending partner for 10KSB in Mississippi and Louisiana. Through its commercial lending operations, existing businesses will be able to borrow between $50,000 and $500,000 dollars for growth and expansion.
You can learn more by reading the program summary.
- Businesses in operation for at least 2 years
- Business revenues between $150,000 - $4 million in the most recent fiscal year
- Businesses with a minimum of 4 employees
- Businesses with the potential and desire to grow revenues and create jobs in the community
- No real estate investment or development projects
- No financing entities
- Mississippi counties of Forrest, George, Greene, Hancock, Harrison, Jackson, Lamar, Pearl River, Perry, and Stone
- Louisiana parishes of Ascension, East Baton Rouge, Jefferson, Lafourche, Livingston, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. James, St. John the Baptist, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Terrebonne, and Washington
Loan can be used towards:
- Working Capital
- Business Purchase
- Leasehold Improvements
Real Estate – generally 15 to 20 year amortizations
Equipment – expected life of equipment (generally 5 to 7 years)
Working Capital – term to match the cash flow of company (5 year maximum)
- Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis
Materials required as part of the application process include:
- Signed Loan Application and Personal Financial Statements for all Owners and Guarantors
- Business Financial Statements and Federal Tax Returns for last 3 years
- Interim Financial Statement dated within 90 days of Loan Application
- Business Plan, including financial projections
- Accounts Receivable Aging, Inventory Listing, Accounts Payable Aging, and Notes Payable Listing
- Management résumés and References – 3 suppliers and 3 customers
- Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws / Partnership Agreement
- Sales contracts, franchise agreements, leases, etc.
Before completing an application and personal financial statement, HOPE recommends that prospective borrowers contact us either by phone or email to discuss program eligibility and other requirements. You can reach us at:
- Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Video
- Meet 10,000 Small Business Borrowers
- Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Education Program
- The education program is a practical business management education program that helps you develop the skills you need to grow your company. If you are selected to participate, you also will receive a series of one-on-one business advising sessions from dedicated professionals to help develop a tailored plan for growth.
- To grow your business, apply now for the Business Education Program at Delgado Community College.